Ready to find some buried treasure?
Your mission today is to hide your own treasure and discover a treasure of incredible value that is near you right now.
Bury Your Treasure
Create a time capsule! Find a metal or plastic box with a lid and fill it with some of the things below. Then have your parents set a reminder to open your box on the day you turn 16.
Things to include:
- A picture of your room just as it is
- A letter to your future self
- A newspaper article from today
- Your guess about what the future will be like
- Pictures of your favorite things
To find treasure, you have to know what’s around you. How many of these landmarks can you find or build yourself?
- A snowman
- A pine tree
- An inflatable yard decoration
- A snow fort
- Green Christmas lights
- A wreath
- A nativity scene
- A candle
- A star
- Someone shoveling
- Someone who waves when you say “Hi”
- A decorated car
Time to Search
Read Romans 5:1-11, then talk with someone about these questions.
- What are some of the things these verses say God “fills” us with? (Check verses 1-5.)
- Read verse 8 again. In your own words, what does that verse mean?
Watch the Winter Camp at Home Show
Take a look at this video for directions to a great treasure God wants you to discover. In the video, you’ll also learn the answer a question. Once you have the answer, have an adult send it to or post it on our Facebook page for a chance to win a prize.