Small group leaders help create environments for people to connect and grow in their relationship with Christ. You don’t need to be an expert in the Bible to lead—if you have a personal relationship with Christ and a willingness to facilitate discussion, you can lead a group. We’ll provide training and resources along the way!
- Facilitate small group discussions and encourage group participation.
- Make it a priority to live out our three leader essentials: Fill Up First, Develop Relationships and Multiply Leaders.
- Spend time in God’s Word and in prayer for your small group on a regular basis.
- Deepen group relationships by participating in various serving and social events together, outside of regular meeting times.
- Commit to developing other leaders within your group.
Requirements: Complete the Volunteer Leader Agreement, attend Starting Point, meet with your Pastor of Groups, and then attend Lead Well.
Youth Serving: 18 years of age or older
Serving Time: Typically two hours every week or every other week; some groups may decide to meet less often. Small group leaders are also required to be at training events—like Refuel, our annual church-wide small group leader event.Serve